Contributed by: Val Green
Arnott's product: Marie
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Chill Time: 4 hours, best overnight
1 packet Marie biscuits, crushed
185g butter, melted
1 x 395g can condensed milk
juice of 2 large lemons
1/4 cup boiling water
2 tsp gelatine
1 pack jelly crystals (raspberry or strawberry are the best)
- Line base and sides of a slice or lamington pan with non-stick baking paper allowing a 2cm overhang.
- In a bowl combine crushed biscuits and melted butter then press into prepared slice tin.
- Place boiling water in a heatproof jug or bowl. Stir in gelatine until dissolved.
- In another bowl combine condensed milk, lemon juice and dissolved gelatine mixture. Pour over biscuit base then place into refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Prepare jelly according to packet directions, then set aside to cool. Carefully pour jelly over the top of the condensed milk mixture, then place into refrigerator for 4 hours, or overnight, until jelly is firm. Remove from pan then cut into slices and serve.
Please note, this recipe has been submitted by an Arnott's consumer, and has not been tested by Arnott's.
If you would like to submit your favourite recipe using Arnott's biscuits, please click here.